Create and edit a group¶
Groups are spaces for coordination and preparation. They can be used to improve events organization and to manage your community.
To create a group, you have to:
- click the My groups button on top bar menu
- click the Create group button
- (required) enter your group name in the Group display name field
- (required) enter the federated group name you want (or just keep the one generated with your group display name) in Federated Group Name field (this is like your federated username for groups. It will allow your group to be found on the federation, and is guaranteed to be unique)
- enter a description of what your group is about in Description field
- add an avatar for your group by selecting an image on your device, by clicking the Click to upload button
- add a banner for your group by selecting an image on your device, by clicking the Click to upload button
- click the Create my group button
You can access your group settings by:
- clicking the My groups button on top bar menu
- clicking the relevant group in the list
- clicking the Group settings button in your group banner
In this section you can edit information the was added during the group creation (see above), like group name, description, avatar and banner. You also can:
- change Group visibility:
- Visible everywhere on the web: the group will be publicly listed in search results and may be suggested in the explore section. Only public information will be shown on its page.
- Only accessible through link: you'll need to share the group URL so people may access the group's profile. The group won't be findable in Mobilizon's search or by regular search engines.
- allow joining the group:
- Anyone can join freely: anyone wanting to be a member of your group will be able to from your group page
- Manually invite new members: the only way for your group to get new members is if an admininistrator invites them
- add Group address (location)